Thursday, January 8, 2009

First Things First


Today is January 9, 2009. I'm here in our little rented apartment in the most traditional city in Japan. Kyoto, that is. The room temperature is cold because I haven't turned on the heater. It's comfortable though, courtesy of my multi-layered thermal clothing. This is my first blog of the year and on this newly created site (in case, you don't know yet).

First, a confession: I feel guilty that I don't write so often to our friends and family. We know that many people do care and pray for us, but we haven't updated them as often as we should. My hands look full and have excused myself for not having the time to do so. Nevertheless, come to think of it, we certainly have time for things that we care about doing. Excuse? Busted!!!

Second, a solution: I don't promise to write everyday to chronicle everything that happens, but I will do my best to update news about us and our ministry as often as necessary. So, I invite you to check this blog once in a while if you want to know the latest scoop about Japan and the progress of God's kingdom-building here.

Third, an appeal: Please feel free to edit my Janglish (Japanese English) mistakes. Otherwise, you may call my attention to it. I specially pay attention to details as to the veracity of the claims being presented. As my model pastor and godfather, Ben Dayrit once said, "Strive for intellectual honesty, social integrity and spiritual maturity."

Finally, a prayer: "Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers" (The Third Epistle of John 2).

Missing you dearly,

Pastor Joseph for the entire family

No comments:

Post a Comment