The above site contains the latest news about the flu situation in Japan. Please keep praying for God's power, mercy and salvation to manifest in all and the worst of situations.
For those living in Kyoto City, here are some reminders:
1. Please keep yourself informed. Information on prevention and other precautionary measures are advised. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.
a. Frequent and careful washing of hands with antibacterial soap (at least for three minutes). Otherwise, use hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes.
b. Gargle using any commercially available gargling solution especially after coming back home.
c. Avoid heavily populated areas. Wear a mask while in public.
2. When an infection is suspected:
a. Make sure to check your temperature first.
b. Don't go directly to any medical institution or pharmacy for quick-fix medication. Try calling this number first for important instructions and to minimize the risk of spreading the disease.
KYOTO FLU HOTLINE: 075-414-4726
3. Please let us know also of your situation so that we can make arrangements on how to be of assistance to you. ASSEMBLY KYOTO CHURCH: 075-311-5193 (Pastor Keiko Murakami); 090-9996-5811 (Pastor Satoshi Nagasawa); 080-5029-2540 (Pastor Joseph Ricohermoso).
4. Stay calm and be in prayer. "Many sorrows shall be to the wicked; but he who trusts in the LORD, mercy shall surround him."
5. In case of a city-wide shutdown (schools/public areas), we still intend to hold prayer meetings and worship services, but there will be no campus Bible Studies and other weekly activities. Check this site often for more information.
Your servant for Christ's sake,
Pastor Joseph Ricohermoso